Friday, January 23, 2009

Social Networking


One way to get up to date on current trends in education is social networking on the internet. You can search for networks that appeal to your interest or field online at a free social networking service http://www.ning.com/ I explored the website and found http://innovativesample.ning.com/ to be a network that could serve very useful on my journey to teaching higher education. It is titled “Weekly Innovations: Share, Grow, Innovate” and states it is a “one stop shop for higher education news, collaboration and innovation.”

On the site you will find members with similar interests or careers that post links to websites, videos, news or groups with one common theme…higher education. You can even start a group discussion which would be very useful (especially to me, as a novice to the career) to be able to talk with seasoned professionals. Other ways I think this site would be especially useful is through all the links to resources or other educational blogs, news reports on higher education throughout the U.S. and through videos posted by members that serve as educational resources for other teachers or that spark discussion.

I am excited to begin my social networking and learn a thing or two about higher education!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a wealth of information you have on your blog already. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone's individual styles evolve throught the semester. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that this group proves useful to you.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep us updated on the useful ideas you've learned from this group on ning.com. So far I haven't found my bilingual group to be as helpful as other resources I've found by taking this class.

    ReplyDelete